Oregon does not require birth doula to become certified in order to work in the state. It is entirely voluntary to pursue a certification or to have a college degree in order to train or work there.
Below, you will find a list of educational classes and workshops available in Oregon which can be part of your doula training. If you are planning to enroll in a certification-granting program, please read the details carefully to determine whether the classes are a required part of that program’s curriculum.
Doula Training in Portland, OR
Organization Name: Mother Tree Birth
Instructor: Jesse Remer
Course and Workshop Details
This is a 4 day birth doula training workshop comprised of an Introduction to Childbirth for Doulas class that accompanies the training workshop. Both the introduction class and the workshop are required for DONA certification. This set of courses are offered on the following dates and times:
- July 27, 2017 (Intro), July 28-30, 2017 (Workshop)
- Oct. 1, 2017 (Intro), All Sundays in Oct. (Workshop)
- Nov. 30, 2017 (Intro), Dec. 1-3, 2017 (Workshop)
Costs and Fees
Birth doula training workshop including the childbirth for doulas class – $600.00
Birth doula training workshop only – $500
To register, click here.
Doula Training in Portland, OR Salem, OR Eugene, OR and Coos Bay, OR
Organization Name: Side by Side Soulas
Course and Workshop Details and Requirements
- 1 day Introduction to Childbirth course
- 3 day Birth doula training workshop (counts towards DONA certification)
Course and Workshop Topics
As part of your doula training, these courses will cover the following:
- Learn how to provide emotional support to the mother
- Identify what women remember during birth and share birth stories
- Demonstrate various maternal care practices
- Discuss various situations which can happen during difficult labors such as Cesareans
- Learn massage and rhythm techniques to provide comfort
- Engage in becoming an advocate for your client
- Discuss the process of the certification
Costs and Fees
1 day Introduction to Childbirth Course – $100
3 day Birth Doula Workshop – $475
You can registration online and pay through paypal by clicking here.
You can also print out the registration form and mail the form with payment to:
1047 Colony Pond Dr.
Eugene, OR 97401
Kyndal May is a certified doula with over 20 years of experience helping train doulas across the United States. She has received her certification from DONA (Doulas of North America) and has dedicated her career to supporting families during pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum. With her extensive knowledge and experience, she is committed to providing compassionate and personalized care to every family she works with. In addition to her work as a doula, Kyndal is also a passionate advocate for women’s health and birth rights. She has spent many years educating and empowering families to make informed decisions about their birth experience. She also uses her experience to help train other doulas, passing on her knowledge and skills to the next generation of birth workers. With her dedication to her clients and her profession, Kyndal is a respected and valued member of the doula community.