Minnesota does not require doulas to become certified in order to work. There is also no requirement for a B.S. or B.A. degree. Pursuing a certification or to having a college degree is voluntary in order to train or operate within the state.
Listed below is a series of educational classes and workshops available in Minnesota which can be incorporated into your doula training. If you are planning to advance your career and train for a certification, please read the details carefully to determine whether the courses are a required part of a certificate-granting curriculum.
Doula Training in Minneapolis, MN
Organization Name: Marla Doula Trainer
Instructor: Marla Devens
Course and Workshop Details
This is a 3 day birth doula training workshop comprised of an Introduction to Childbirth for Doulas class that accompanies the training workshop. Both the introduction class and the workshop are required for DONA certification. There is also an OPTIONAL Breastefeeding for Doulas class, which is also required by DONA. This set of courses are offered on the following dates and times:
- March 24, 2017 (Breastfeeding), March 25, 2017 (Intro), March 25-26, 2017 (Workshop)
- May 5, 2017 (Breastfeeding), May 6, 2017 (Intro), March 6-7, 2017 (Workshop)
- July 28, 2017 (Breastfeeding), July 29, 2017 (Intro), July 29-30, 2017 (Workshop)
- Sept 8, 2017 (Breastfeeding), Sept 9, 2017 (Intro), Sept 9-10, 2017 (Workshop)
- Nov 3, 2017 (Breastfeeding), Nov 4, 2017 (Intro), Nov 4-5, 2017 (Workshop)
Costs and Fees
Introduction to childbirth for doulas class – $100Birth doula training workshop – $325
(Optional) Breastfeeding for doulas class – $65
To register, click here.
Doula Training in St. Paul, MN
Organization Name: Enlightened Mama
Instructor: Liz Lull
Course and Workshop Details and Requirements
- 1 day Introduction to Childbirth for Doula class (required for DONA certification)
- 3 day Birth doula training workshop (required for DONA certification)
Course and Workshop Topics
As part of your doula training, these courses will cover the following:
- Discuss the significance of birth memories for the mother
- Identify different hormones involved in pregnancy, labor, and birth
- Demonstrate both emotional and physical support
- Discuss different birth scenarios such as interventions and Cesareans
- Learn to set up your business and engage the birth community
- Discuss the process of the certification
The Birth Partner: Everything You Need to Know to Help a Woman Through Childbirth, Fourth Edition
Costs and Fees
1 day Introduction to Childbirth class – $100
3 day Birth Doula Workshop – $375, $50 non-refundable deposit required
You can registration online through Facebook on the website by clicking here.
Kyndal May is a certified doula with over 20 years of experience helping train doulas across the United States. She has received her certification from DONA (Doulas of North America) and has dedicated her career to supporting families during pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum. With her extensive knowledge and experience, she is committed to providing compassionate and personalized care to every family she works with. In addition to her work as a doula, Kyndal is also a passionate advocate for women’s health and birth rights. She has spent many years educating and empowering families to make informed decisions about their birth experience. She also uses her experience to help train other doulas, passing on her knowledge and skills to the next generation of birth workers. With her dedication to her clients and her profession, Kyndal is a respected and valued member of the doula community.