Massachusetts is a great environment to work as a doula because the state does not require a certification or a college degree. While there are professional benefits to becoming a certified birth doula, it is entirely voluntary to do so in this state.
Below is a list of educational classes and/or workshops available in Massachusetts which can be used as your doula training. If you have decided to become certified, please read the details carefully to determine if they are necessary training for a doula program.
Doula Training in Boston, MA
Organization Name: Holistic Beginnings
Instructor: Laura DePasquale
Course and Workshop Details
This is a 3 day birth doula training workshop that is required for DONA certification. Included with the workshop are the following classes:
- Childbirth for doulas class is offered on March 31, 2017
- Training workshop is offered from April 1-2, 2017.
Costs and Fees
Birth doula training workshop including the childbirth for doulas class – $475.00
To register and pay online, click here.
Doula Training in Newton, MA
Organization Name: Boston Associaton for Childbirth Education and Nursing Mothers’ Council
Course and Workshop Details and Requirements
- 4 day, 26 hours total Birth doula training workshop (required for DONA certification)
Course and Workshop Topics
As part of your doula training, these courses will cover the following:
- List the benefits of having a doula’s support
- Learn how to collaborate with the mother’s medical team
- Engage in providing comfort through all stages of pregnancy and labor
- Determine how to build a positive, trusting relationship with the mother
- Breastfeeding overview
- Discuss the ethics and requirements for certification
- Read DONA approved literature
- Have basic understanding of pregnancy, labor, and birth
- Attend a 12 hour Introduction to Childbirth course
Costs and Fees
4 day Birth doula workshop – $500
You can register online at by clicking here.
Kyndal May is a certified doula with over 20 years of experience helping train doulas across the United States. She has received her certification from DONA (Doulas of North America) and has dedicated her career to supporting families during pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum. With her extensive knowledge and experience, she is committed to providing compassionate and personalized care to every family she works with. In addition to her work as a doula, Kyndal is also a passionate advocate for women’s health and birth rights. She has spent many years educating and empowering families to make informed decisions about their birth experience. She also uses her experience to help train other doulas, passing on her knowledge and skills to the next generation of birth workers. With her dedication to her clients and her profession, Kyndal is a respected and valued member of the doula community.