It is legal to work as a doula in New Jersey without having a certification because the state does not require one. Although many women decide to get certified as part of their career objectives, it is entirely voluntary. Also, New Jersey does not require a high school dipolma or a college degree to work.
The following is a list of educational courses or resources available in the New Jersey area which can be used for your doula training. If the classes are a required part of a certification curriculum, it will be noted in the details, so please read the details carefully if you enroll in a doula program.
Doula Training in Red Bank, NJ
Organization Name: Your Best Birth
Instructor: Jessica Koester, Dorothy Haines
Course and Workshop Details
This is a 3 day curriculum which includes a training workshop and a childbirth education class. The class and workshop are required if you are enrolled in the DONA certification program. They are offered from June 23-25, 2017.
Costs and Fees
Introduction to Childbirth for Doulas class with the Doula training workshop – price TBA
To register or pay email email@example.com or call at 732-925-3035.
Doula Training in Chatham, NJ
Organization Name: Holistic Beginnings
Course and Workshop Details and Requirements
- 2 day Birth doula training workshop (requirement for DONA certification)
- 1 day Introduction to Childbirth for Doulas class will be included in the workshop
Course and Workshop Topics
As part of your doula training, these courses will cover the following:
- Learn the duties and responsibilities of a doula’s job
- Discuss how to provide prenatal support for the expectant mother
- Identify both physical and emotional methods of support
- Understand how to provide support for difficult labors
- Learn how to provide postpartum support for the newborn
- Discuss how to run your doula business
- Discuss the ethics, standards, and requirements for certification
Registration Details and Fees
Email Laura at firstname.lastname@example.org for registration and fee details.