A postpartum doula certification from Birth Arts International requires you to take courses, attend a postpartum doula workshop, provide postpartum support to 4 families, read doula training literature, and complete assignments.
According to Birth Arts International, you may take the classes online or as distance learning, however the workshop must be attended in-person. You must have access to a computer in order to view the postpartum doula training DVDs or streams.
Birth Arts International Postpartum Doula Certification Requirements:
- Enroll in the course, either online classes or distance learning
- Attend a weekend postpartum doula training workshop
- Read doula training manuals
- Read literature from the required reading list
- Watch training videos through DVD or through streams
- Complete business planning assignments to learn how to grow your business
- Support 4 mothers in their postpartum period
- You are not required to have a membership with Birth Arts International in order to get certified
Birth Arts International Postpartum Doula Certification Costs and Fees:
- Training Program Cost (online classes and in-person workshop): $400
- Distance Learning Cost: $450
- Doula Books: Varies
- Membership Fee: free
- Recertification Fee: free
More information is available at http://www.birtharts.com/
Kyndal May is a certified doula with over 20 years of experience helping train doulas across the United States. She has received her certification from DONA (Doulas of North America) and has dedicated her career to supporting families during pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum. With her extensive knowledge and experience, she is committed to providing compassionate and personalized care to every family she works with. In addition to her work as a doula, Kyndal is also a passionate advocate for women’s health and birth rights. She has spent many years educating and empowering families to make informed decisions about their birth experience. She also uses her experience to help train other doulas, passing on her knowledge and skills to the next generation of birth workers. With her dedication to her clients and her profession, Kyndal is a respected and valued member of the doula community.