Louisiana is the perfect state to work as a doula because the state does not require a certification or a college degree to practice. Although becoming certified as a labor doula looks good on your resume, it is strictly voluntary to do so in this state.
Listed below are educational classes and/or workshops available in Louisiana which can be used as your doula training. If you want to enroll in a program to become certified, please read the details carefully to determine if they are necessary training for that program.
Doula Training in Baton Rouge, MA
Organization Name: Academy of Childbirth Educators
Instructor: Hope DeYoung-Daniels
Course and Workshop Details
This is a 3 day birth doula training course that is required for DONA certification. This set of courses are offered on the following dates
- (Optional) Breastfeeding for doulas class on Oct 6, 2017
- Childbirth for doulas class is offered on Oct 6, 2017
- Training workshop is offered from Oct 7-8, 2017.
Costs and Fees
Birth doula training workshop including the childbirth for doulas class – $425.00 for early registration, $450 for late registration. A $100 deposit is required.
To register and pay online, click here.
Doula Training in New Orleans, LA
Organization Name: Capital City Doula Services
Course and Workshop Details and Requirements
- 1 day Introduction to Childbirth course (7 hours, required for DONA certification)
- Birth doula training workshop (required for DONA certification)
Course and Workshop Topics
As part of your doula training, these courses will cover the following:
- How to provide comfort to the mother
- Learn how to operate your doula business
- Understand what to do when meeting with your clients
- Practice communication skills
- Engage in networking with your colleagues
- Learn how to work with other health care providers
- Discuss the ethics and requirements for certification
- Read the DONA approved literature: The Birth Partner: A Complete Guide to Childbirth for Dads, Doulas and All Other Labor Companions, 4rd edition
Costs and Fees
3 day Birth Doula workshop – $475, $200 deposit required
Early registration discount is $50 for a total of $425
Late registration fee is $25 for a total of $500
You can register online at by clicking here.
Kyndal May is a certified doula with over 20 years of experience helping train doulas across the United States. She has received her certification from DONA (Doulas of North America) and has dedicated her career to supporting families during pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum. With her extensive knowledge and experience, she is committed to providing compassionate and personalized care to every family she works with. In addition to her work as a doula, Kyndal is also a passionate advocate for women’s health and birth rights. She has spent many years educating and empowering families to make informed decisions about their birth experience. She also uses her experience to help train other doulas, passing on her knowledge and skills to the next generation of birth workers. With her dedication to her clients and her profession, Kyndal is a respected and valued member of the doula community.