There is no requirement for you to have a certification in order to to practice or become a doula in Connecticut. There is also no requirement for a bachelor’s degree. Any degree or certification which you decide to pursue is voluntary and dependent on your career goals.
Below is a list of educational classes available in the state of Connecticut that you can use as part of your doula training. Please read the details to determine if the training courses are required studies from a certification granting organization.
Doula Training in New Haven, CT
Organization Name: Doula Rina
Instructor: Rina Crane
Course and Workshop Details
3 day training includes:
- March 24, 2017 Introduction to Childbirth for Doulas (Required for DONA certification)
- March 25-26, 2017 Birth Doula Training Workshop (Required for DONA certification)
Topics Covered in the Workshop:
- Long term impact of the birth experience for mothers
- The role of a doula during birth
- Pain management and comfort measures without the use of medications
- How to communicate with your client
- How to network and develop your business
Costs and Fees
Birth doula training workshop including the Childbirth of Doulas course – $575, or $500 if paid thirty days in advance of the start date.
Register online and pay through Paypal, credit card, or check here.
Doula Training in Hartford, CT
Organization Name: Birthing Gently
Course and Workshop Details and Requirements
- 1 day Introduction course to Childbirth for Doulas (required for DONA certification)
- 3 day Birth doula training workshop (required for DONA certification)
Course and Workshop Topics
As part of your doula training, these courses will cover the following:
- How to provide a emotional support, reassurance, and education to the mother
- The importance of guidance for both the mom and dad in the delivery room
- Identify the different stages of labor
- Basic anatomy and physiology
- Dealing with difficult labors
- Discuss the certification process
Costs and Fees
Introduction to Childbirth course and Birth Doula Workshop – $500
Download registration forms or pay online with paypal at http://birthinggently.com/?page_id=13007
Mail registration form and payment to:
P.O. Box 5373
Bradford, MA 01835
Kyndal May is a certified doula with over 20 years of experience helping train doulas across the United States. She has received her certification from DONA (Doulas of North America) and has dedicated her career to supporting families during pregnancy, childbirth, and postpartum. With her extensive knowledge and experience, she is committed to providing compassionate and personalized care to every family she works with. In addition to her work as a doula, Kyndal is also a passionate advocate for women’s health and birth rights. She has spent many years educating and empowering families to make informed decisions about their birth experience. She also uses her experience to help train other doulas, passing on her knowledge and skills to the next generation of birth workers. With her dedication to her clients and her profession, Kyndal is a respected and valued member of the doula community.