Hiring a doula in Kentucky
A doula is a trained professional who provides continuous physical, emotional and informational support to a mother before, during and shortly after childbirth to help her achieve the healthiest, most satisfying experience possible.
Doulas are not medical professionals, but they are an invaluable asset to have on your birth team. They are there to provide support and guidance, answer any questions you may have, and help you advocate for yourself and your baby.
There are many things a doula can help with, but here are some of the most common:
1. Creating a birth plan: A doula can help you figure out what you want and need for your birth, and then help you communicate those wishes to your care provider.
2. Staying calm and relaxed: Childbirth is an intense experience, both physically and emotionally. A doula can help you stay focused and calm during labor, which can help you manage the pain and make better decisions.
3. Pain management: A doula can provide counter-pressure during contractions, help you find comfortable positions, and offer massage and other relaxation techniques.
4. Breastfeeding support: A doula can help you get started with breastfeeding, and provide guidance and support if you run into any difficulties.
5. Postpartum support: A doula can help you recover physically and emotionally after childbirth, and adjust to life with a new baby. They can also provide guidance on newborn care and breastfeeding.
Top doula businesses in Kentucky
Below are some of the best doula businesses in Kentucky:
|Business Name||Rating||Categories||Phone Number||Address|
|Modern Mama Wellness Center||Yoga, Doulas, Lactation Services||+15026930102||7300 New La Grange Rd, Louisville, KY 40222|
|Arielle Ferrell, LMT||Massage Therapy, Reiki, Doulas||+12035780253||306 Middletown Park Pl, Ste C, Louisville, KY 40217|
|Ashley Benz, Lactation Consultant||Doulas, Lactation Services||+15024173769||7508 New LaGrange Rd, Ste 9, Louisville, KY 40222|
|Bloomington Family Wellness||Doulas, Placenta Encapsulations, Massage Therapy||+18125853685||320 W 8th St, Ste 104, Bloomington, IN 47404|
|Women First Of Louisville||Obstetricians & Gynecologists||+15028918700||3900 Kresge Way, Ste 30, Louisville, KY 40207|
Doulas in Kentucky by city:
To see the full list of doulas in Kentucky by city, see some of our other posts: