As part of the certification process as a doula for New Beginnings, you must register for the online program, support mothers during their childbirths, read doula training literature, and complete a doula skills checklist.
According to New Beginnings, the certification which you will receive is not affiliated with other certification granting programs such as DONA or CAPPA. The estimated time to complete the online doula training requirements at New Beginnings is 6 months to 1 year.
New Beginnings Online Certification Requirements:
- Enroll and complete the online course
- Complete all assignments and return them through email
- Read 3 books from the required reading list
- Attend childbirths and have your doula skills checklist signed by someone at the birth
- After each birth, get an evaluation from the attending nurse regarding your role as a doula and write up a care plan
- Conduct prenatal interviews, meet with healthcare providers, and conduct postpartum interviews
The courses will cover an introduction to doulas, labor support, assessing needs, and the nursing and decision making process. Additionally, stress response from pain and other physiological processes during labor will be discussed. Finally, the classes will go over medical and non-medical options and how to communicate with other healthcare practitioners.
Costs and Fees:
The total cost for the online training program to get certified depends on your payment method:
Option 1: One time payment of $200Option 2: Automatic billing of $18 per month for 12 months (discount for early completion)Option 3: Mailed invoices of $20 per month for 12 months (discount for early completion)
You can mail payments to:New Beginnings Childbirth Services37465 W. Amalfi Ave.Maricopa, AZ 85138
More information about the courses and certification is available at https://www.trainingdoulas.com