Missouri is a state which does not have a requirement for you to be certified in order to work as a birth doula. Additionally, the state does not require a college degree in order to become a doula. Although having a certification or a degree has professional benefits, it is not mandatory to receive one in Missouri.
The following is a list of educational classes and workshops available in the state of Missouri which can count towards your doula training. If you are interested in applying to a certification program, please read the details carefully to determine whether the courses offered are a required part of the curriculum.
Doula Training in St. Louis, MO and Kansas City, MO
Organization Name: Heavensent Support
Course and Workshop Details and Requirements
- 2 day, 20 hour long birth doula training workshop (required for credit for CAPPA certification)
Course and Workshop Topics
As part of your doula training, these courses will cover the following:
- Learn how to offer non-bias information to your client
- Discuss the importance of offering support to the mother
- Engage in offering encouragement and positivity
- Learn how to offer support to the other members of the client’s family
- Discuss the different scenarios that can happen during labor and birth
- Develop labor support and comfort giving skills
- Discuss the certification process
Costs and Fees
2 day, birth doula training workshop if you register early – $450
If you register late – $500
There is a deposit of $150
Register online or pay through Paypal by clicking here.